INCI: Ricinus communis
Smell: Mild, characteristic smell
Color: Viscous, honey-like, clear to light yellow
Where does that stuff come from?
- Castor oil is obtained from the seeds of the castor plant.
- To extract the oil, the seeds are first dried and then cold pressed.
What can this stuff do?
- Our organic castor oil is packed with essential fatty acids that are important for healthy skin.
- It mainly consists of the rare fatty acid ricinoleic acid (approx. 88%).
- It also contains linoleic acid (omega-6) and oleic acid (omega-9), which make castor oil suitable for all skin types, including oily skin.
- The oil is an excellent moisturizer and can be used as a body oil to moisturize and care for the skin.
- Castor oil is a great ingredient for homemade beauty recipes. Due to its viscosity, castor oil is often used in natural cosmetics, which are said to give shine.
- In recent years, castor oil has become increasingly popular in the beauty industry.
- The versatile oil has long been a real insider tip for skin care. This is where the demanding skin above fifty benefits in particular
- The viscous oil is one of the non-comedogenic oils, so it is suitable for the care of all skin types and can be used for facial cleansing and as a massage oil.
- Castor oil has the special property to penetrate very deeply into the deeper areas of the skin and at the same time to build up healthy skin protection.
- It is precisely this property that makes it an optimal care product.
- While the oil was once only known as a home remedy for constipation, it is increasingly being used for wound healing, acne and bacterial skin inflammation.
- Many naturopaths swear by the effectiveness of castor oil and recommend its use.
- Dry and rough skin is moisturized and revitalized by the care with castor oil.
- Combined skin is balanced and oily skin is supported in reducing sebum production.
- Blackheads, acne and other blemishes in particular can be treated with castor oil in a targeted and targeted manner, since the oil has an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect.
- Aging skin that shows the first pigment or age spots and has small lines of expression around the eyes, nose and mouth can be revitalized with castor oil.
- Since castor oil stimulates the formation of the body’s collagen in the skin, the skin is padded and looks fresher when used regularly.
- With regular care, the skin becomes softer, dark circles and small wrinkles are reduced.