INCI: Borago officinalis
Origin: Europe / Canada / China / New Zealand
Scent: Characteristic aroma
Colour: Pale yellow
Where does that stuff come from?
- Borage seed oil is obtained from the seeds of the wonderful Borago officinalis plant.
- Borage is a plant belonging to the family of leaf-leaved plants.
- It is used as a spice and medicinal plant.
- It is originally native to the Mediterranean, has been cultivated in Central Europe since the late Middle Ages and is therefore one of the archaeophytes.
- It bears blue, star-shaped flowers, which is why it is also known as the blue sky star.
- The oil is obtained by cold pressing the seeds of the plant.
- The oil is a native oil, i.e. it has not been refined to preserve all of the good ingredients.
What can this stuff do?
- Balancing moisturizer, ideal for mature skin.
- Rich in essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals.
- Contains up to 25% gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), which is one of the omega-6 fatty acids.
- It looks a bit cloudy due to small seed particles in the oil.
- Essential fatty acids are important to keep the skin soft and supple and to retain its moisture.
- This luxurious oil has a unique composition: it is one of the richest sources of gamma-linolenic acid, an essential omega-6 fatty acid.
- Borage oil contains about 25% GLA, which makes it an intensely moisturizing, soothing and one of the best oils for dry and mature skin.
- That supports the skin in its barrier function and helps it to store moisture.
- Our organic borage oil has a light to medium texture.
- It is absorbed into the skin at medium speed and is therefore ideal as a night serum.
- It is an excellent moisturizer.
- It can be used all over the body and nourishes and moisturizes very dry skin.
- Borage oil is becoming increasingly popular in beauty formulations, especially in anti-aging products and in products for very dry or sensitive skin.
- Organic borage oil is not only good for your skin, your hair will also love it.
- It outperforms hemp oil and even evening primrose oil with gamma-linolenic acid, and is even considered to be the vegetable oil with the highest GLA content. The proportion is more than 20%.
- Formulations with borage oil have a very positive effect on the skin. It gets new elasticity and elasticity, becomes smooth and supple.
- Due to its good moisture-regulating, skin-calming and anti-irritant properties, the oil is suitable for extremely dry, flaky, cracked, sensitive and brittle skin, as well as for e.g. neurodermatitis and psoriasis. The resulting itching is alleviated and dandruff is reduced.
- With aging skin, the sebaceous glands are reactivated and the often inadequate skin elasticity is increased, the skin looks younger and firmer.