INCI: Carthamus tinctorius
Scent: Almost odorless
Colour: Colorless to yellow
Where does that stuff come from?
- The safflower belongs to the daisy family and has yellow flowers.
- The oil is obtained by cold pressing and then refining the seeds of the plant.
What can this stuff do?
- Extremely moisturizing and beneficial, suitable for all skin types – also for mature skin.
- Rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E.
- Wonderful for skin and hair.
- Safflower oil can be an excellent oil for skin care because it is rich in essential fatty acids and natural antioxidants.
- It is packed with linoleic acid (omega-6) and therefore ideal for oily / impure skin.
- It is an effective moisturizer that nourishes and protects the skin.
- Safflower oil is a very light oil with a non-greasy texture that is well absorbed into the skin. That is why it is often found as an ingredient in various skin and hair care products.
- Because of its moisturizing properties, it is a popular choice in homemade recipes.
- Safflower oil is also known for its positive effects on the hair and scalp and an excellent addition to the hair care routine for shiny and healthy looking hair